Are you looking for something simple, easy and that you can take with you to work for lunch or prepare quickly after work? Quinoa Salads are a great solution! Try the Recipe below it’s delicious!
Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley
- One (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (according to package directions)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 smaill jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
For the dressing:
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a mason jar and shake until combined. Place in refrigerator until you are ready to use. Can be made way ahead.
- Mix together all salad ingredients, drizzle dressing over top and toss to combine. Refrigerate until serving time.